|Home » |
L-Tunes: Music From & Inspired the L-Word
L-Tunes is another great compilation from and inspired by The L-Word. You can't go wrong with the likes of Fiona Apple, Pink, Da Brat, PJ Harvey, Nina Simone, Peaches, of course the creators of the opening theme, BETTY, and more! This is the latest disc from the hit show and it will help hold you over until the next episode!
|Audio CD Release Date:
||January 02, 2007|
|Number Of Discs:
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 7 reviews|
|1. ||Kirsten Price - Magic Tree|
|2. ||Goldfrapp - Ride a White Horse|
|3. ||Fiona Apple - Sleep to Dream|
|4. ||Prototypes - Je Ne Te Connais Pas|
|5. ||Johnny Boy - 15 Minutes|
|6. ||Pink - Long Way to Happy|
|7. ||Kelis - Living Proof|
|8. ||Da Brat feat. Cherish - In Luv Wit Chu|
|9. ||PJ Harvey - Down By The Water|
|10. ||Nina Simone - Do I Move You|
|11. ||Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairytale|
|12. ||The Cliks - Complicated|
|13. ||Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her|
|14. ||Betty - Barnyard|
Average Customer Review:
( 7 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
10 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Still hip and fabulous!...Jan 25, 2007
I don't know which songs are inspired by the show,but I don't care because there're all huge.Here are my ratings:
1) magic tree - love her voice and the song itself,can't wait for her CD.5/5
2) ride on white horse - love the band and the song but it's not their best one.4.5/5
3) sleep to dream - love the lyrics and fiona's voice on the song.5/5
4) je ne te connais pas - love the song and it's in french.5/5
5) fifteen minutes - the song I like less but it's good to.4/5
6) long way happy - I think it's one of the inspired ones,just love what she does.5/5
7) living proof - very nice,makes me wanna have her new CD.5/5
8) in love wit chu - nice,unoriginal but nice.4,5/5
9) down by the water - one of her best song.5/5
10) do move you - there goes the good oldy,just great.5/5
11) a sorta fairytale - a beautiful song like Tori knows how to make one.5/5
12) complicated - she has a very weird voice but I love it and the song as well,would like to know a lot more about this band.5/5
13) boys wanna be her - Peaches doing Rock,well,nice catch girls.4,5/5
14) barnyard - the best BETTY song I've heard so far,and I'm not really into this band...
Well that's it,another perfect CD everyone should have.
Diverse SoundscapeDec 06, 2008
By Mark Allen
This differs from another "The L Word" compilation but is equally inspired and inspiring. I have one word for you: Betty. Betty, Betty, Betty. Who is the cellist for Betty? She is terrific! The cello is a clever yet oft overlooked way to deliver a melodic bassline. I usually hate the aquisition of tags that have nothing to do with the music, e.g. feminist, anarchist, punk. If this album is chick music I'm overtly willing to make an exception. Kudos.
Love the variety of MusicMay 14, 2007
By V. Moss
I really enjoy the variety of music on this CD. I've been introduced to new groups and songs by established artists that did not make top 40. Magic Tree, Ride a White Horse, Long Way to Happy, and Living Proof are my favorites. I rediscovered Tori Amos and of course Betty Rocks!
Betty Rules!Feb 12, 2007
By Bonnie E. Rice
I have no idea who Elisabeth Vincentelli is but she has not polled the U.S. on the L Word theme song. My poll of 100 people was 90% loved the theme song and 10% liked it. Hate reviewers that put their opinions in print as fact.
CD is great and if you haven't seen or listened to Betty Rules do yourself and favor and dive into Betty -
1 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Never disappointedMar 20, 2007
By K. Webb
I have every CD soundtrack for the L Word and they just keep getting better and better!
See all 7 customer reviews on Amazon.com