|Home » |
Glamazon by RuPaul
This product is manufactured on demand using CD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
|Audio CD Release Date:
||August 05, 2011|
|Number Of Discs:
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 36 reviews|
|1. ||The Beginning|
|2. ||Click Clack (Make Dat Money)|
|4. ||I Bring The Beat|
|7. ||Live Forever|
|8. ||Get Your Rebel On|
|9. ||(Here It Comes) Around Again|
|10. ||If I Dream|
Average Customer Review:
( 36 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
19 of 20 found the following review helpful:
The Supermodel of the World returns to the dance floor with some hot jams!May 02, 2011
With Vocoder in tow, Rupaul Charles comes back on the scene with her fifth studio album, Glamazon. Produced with Lucian Paine, who not only produced Ru's last big club hit,Cover Girl, he also made a guest appearance on an episode from season 3 of Rupauls wildly successful drag competition show "Rupauls Drag Race."
Rupaul gives us 10 very tightly produced dance pop tracks. What I notice here that isnt always present in today's dance music is sweet melody. Rupaul breathes soul into these dance tracks. On the other hand, I also notice that this album is missing a strong signature Rupaul track, you know the one that usually ends up a Billboard #1 Dance/Club play track...ie: Supermodel, Cover Girl, Snapshot or Looking Good. Nonetheless, we get a solid album of great dance pop tracks.
Here is a quick run down of each track.
1. The Beginning - Hot club track and one of the best songs on the album opens the record. Maybe this is the "Supermodel" of this era.
2. Click Clack - My least fave track on the album, its like Black eyed peas meets lil kims jump off. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
3. Glamazon - This is another hot track on the album and sounds like a sister to Ke$ha's, Tic Toc or Britney's Till the World Ends.
4. I Bring The Beat - Old School 80's hip hop meets 2011 electronic beats in the vein of Black Eyed Peas. Great Track!
5. Superstar - First mid-tempo track on the album, Has an old school 80's r&b disco jam. Was prominently featured on an episode of Rupauls Drag Race, Season 3. Its catchy but not a fave.
6. Responsitrannity - Hate the name; the track on the other hand is a hot 80's dance track meets Daft Punk.
7. Live Forever - Remember the 90's?! The era Rupaul comes from can't be so bad. This track could come right out of Rupauls first album, Supermodel of the World, and has a sound similar to Livin Joy's "Dreamer."
8. Get Your Rebel On - Dark synthy dance track, with empowering lyrics.
9. Here it Comes Around Again - Rupauls voice sounds beautiful on this dreamy 80's sounding synth pop track meets Madonna's "Sorry".
10. If I Dream - Another 90's sounding club gem and one of the best tracks on the album.
9 of 10 found the following review helpful:
RU'S BEST YETApr 28, 2011
By Josh Taylor
Lucian Piane, Ru's talented co-writer/producer, has said of GLAMAZON:
"No one has ever heard RuPaul like this. This album is a new RuPaul.
We worked really hard to make this the hottest and freshest sounding ear candy in the world of pop and dance (with even a little rock influence)! We spent a lot of time refining these songs, and I believe we've made an album that is truly magical."
If CHAMPION marked a return, GLAMAZON marks a revelation. Ru and Lucian have given us something magical, indeed, but also something more. Set to pulsating beats and killer hooks, wit and humor flawlessly mix with emotion and depth. The result is an anthem of an album, solid from beginning to end; this is RuPaul at his absolute best. Highlights include Click-Clack, Glamazon, Responsitrannity, and If I Dream.
You'll gag on the eleganza, to be sure, and (perhaps even more important to this reviewer) your spirit will be moved. By the time Responsitrannity hits the bridge, honey, get ready for Gay Church. I ain't never heard nothing like it.
LadyBoys and Girls, Know The Truth And Pursue It: THIS ALBUM IS PHENOMINAL!
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Ru...YOU BETTER WORK!May 09, 2011
Without doubt this is RuPaul's finest. These are the jams that will inspire the world!
There is no way anyone can go without this gem. From club ready to pageant eleganza, Ru leaves nothing out.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Ru hits perfection with this one!Sep 21, 2011
This is a great CD with high quality production and a great overall message of love, understanding and spirit. Great dance tracks and an excellent party soundtrack that can go over several times and not become boring.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
She's done did it again! U.F.O. United Funk OfficialApr 28, 2011
By Justin H. Dale
Ru's newest album "Glamazon" is a fun and energizing mix of dance music. As an avid Ru music fan, i am happy to say this album is so much fun! and feels almost like a sequel to her last album "Champion" (also a great album). some of my favorite jams from the album are "Glamazon," "Responsitranity," and her newest single, "Superstar." Even her intergalactic track, "I Bring the Beat" hits just the right spot.
If you love Ru, it is your ResponsiTRANity to get this jammin' album ;)
See all 36 customer reviews on Amazon.com